247 Home Rescue is dedicated to upholding the highest standards of data confidentiality and privacy, and will take all reasonably practicable steps to protect your privacy and your personal and financial information.
Respecting and sharing your personal information
Personal information is defined as anything that identifies or relates to you or your dependants, and that is given to us by you or by a third party. We will treat your personal information respectfully, and will use it to manage your 247 Home Rescue service plan and for statistical analysis. We may disclose your personal details with partner organisations, who will only use this data for purposes relating to your policy. We will not disclose your personal information with any non-partner organisations unless:
- You have given your permission, or
- We are legally obliged to do so, or
- If it is necessary to disclose this information in order to fulfil the terms of your service plan, such as if we need to arrange specialist repairs from a non-partner organisation.
Information is collected through the use of our website in the form of cookies. These are intended to improve site performance and improve your user experience. Our website will place small text files on your computer or connected device, which will allow web applications to respond to you individually and tailor their operations to your requirements. Most cookies will not collect personal information that can be used to identify you.
Web servers track a variety of information about their visitors. This includes, but is not limited to, timestamps, browser details, IP addresses and referring pages. This information is not personally-identifying and is tracked for maintenance, administrative and marketing purposes, thereby allowing 247 Home Rescue to understand how well its website is performing, if there are any technical problems, and which pages are most engaging to visitors.
The cookies that we use can be categorised in the following ways:
These cookies are used to identify repeat visitors. They contain information such as the search engine the visitor used, the links they visited, the keywords they used, their geographical location and the website they came from. These cookies enable us to improve the user experience on our website.
These cookies are used when you visit the site and expire shortly after you leave the site. As such, they are not permanently stored on your computer. Session cookies do not contain any personal information and help us to ensure the confidentiality of your personal data by reducing the need to transfer information across the internet. These cookies will also note the time you visited the site and the time you left the site.
Persistent cookies remain on your device for at least a few hours and in some cases for over a year, and are not deleted when you close the browser. These cookies are used if we need to retain your information over multiple browsing sessions.
Analytical and performance cookies
These cookies are used to monitor the performance of our website, enabling us to improve users’ experiences. We use these cookies to monitor the parts of the website that users appear most interested in and to discover any technical issues
Third party cookies
You can block cookies through your web browser. Most web browsers automatically allow cookies, but you can change your browser settings to notify you when you are being asked to receive a cookie, to disable existing cookies, or to reject cookies. Please note that if you choose to disable or reject cookies, your browsing experience may be affected and some features on our website may not work properly.
Information you provide to us
There may be instances when you are asked to provide us with information that could be used to identify or contact you, such as your name, address, email address, credit card information and telephone number. This may occur if you choose to take out a service plan with us or ask for a quote, or if you engage with surveys, promotional materials and other site features. We will treat this information as personal data and treat it in accordance with relevant laws. Please do not submit this information or provide it to us if you do not want your personal information processed by 247 Home Rescue.
Please note that any information you pass to us may be processed by organisations outside of the European Economic Area, although it will be held in line with UK data protection requirements. By communicating electronically with us, you confirm that you agree to and acknowledge our processing of personal data in this manner.
Third parties and partners
We may allow certain partners to feature web beacons within our webpages or share portions of our log data with these carefully-selected partners. This information may see technical information such as the device you used, your connection speed and your IP address shared with other bodies. We will not share your personally-identifying information without your consent. Please note that we will not provide personal data to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have opted-in to receive such communications.
Third parties and partner organisations may provide us with people’s personal information. This information will be handled according to the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Data Protection Act 1998
All information and communications performed by 247 Home Rescue and its partners will be handled in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and all related regulations and statutory amendments. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal details are accurate and up-to-date; if your personal information changes in any way, please let us know and we will make immediate amendments.
Our obligations under the DPA & GDPR mean:
- We are a member of the Information Commissioner’s Office’s Register of Data Controllers’ Database;
- Data is only ever used for the reasons it was gathered;
- Customers have the right to access any data we hold about them;
- We cannot release a person’s data without their express consent, unless there is a lawful reason for us to do so;
- We do not keep personal data for any longer than is necessary;
- All personal data is kept up-to-date as far as is possible;
- Customers have the right to request that any incorrect information is amended and to have their requests adhered to;
- Personal data is not transferred to parties outside of the European Economic Area unless the individual the data relates to has given their express consent, or unless there are adequate protections in place for the transference of this data;
- We have appropriate organisational and technical measures in place for the proper holding of personal data, including appropriate staff training and technical security features;
- Recordings of any calls made or received by our call centre staff are properly monitored, handled and destroyed to ensure people’s personal information remains confidential;
- We meet DPA requirements for our employees as well as for our customers and the general public.
Use of personal information
Personal information collected is used for the purposes of:
- Providing information about services and products,
- Personalising services,
- Providing services,
- Handling requests and enquiries,
- Administering accounts and orders relating to customers and suppliers, and
- Administering membership records.
- We do not store our customer’s financial details.
We will only disclose data when obliged to disclose personal data by law, or when the disclosure is necessary for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigation, or when we have your consent, and to the following:
- Business partners,
- Other partnership companies,
- Suppliers, and
- Successors in title to our business.
You have the right to access any personal information we hold about you. Please write to 247 Home Rescue, Parkhill Business Centre, Padiham Road, Padiham, BB12 6TG to obtain a copy of this information. You can also request a copy of your information online: https://customerservice.247homerescue.co.uk