How appliance cover could protect you and your family from house fires
If you take out appliance cover with 247 Home Rescue, you will receive a repair or replacement when you notice that the item you have protected is no longer working safely or effectively.
Without appliance breakdown cover, it’s all-too-easy for people who are strapped for cash to continue using electrical items with frayed and damaged leads, malfunctioning components and other safety problems. Can you honestly say that you would immediately replace your fridge-freezer if you noticed its casing was unusually warm but it was still cooling your food?
If you don’t have the cash to splash on new white goods and electrical appliances whenever they stop working properly, you will almost certainly use appliances when doing so is unsafe. You might even use a dangerous appliance for years and years, until one day it either stops working completely or leads to a catastrophic home emergency.
Electrical appliances are common causes of house fires – there’s a good chance that someone in your local area has had their home devastated after an electrical fault or appliance breakdown led to a fire.
But if you have appliance cover, you can deal with this problem at its source – no longer will you find your finances force you to continue using an appliance after you have noticed it may be dangerous.
There are a number of other ways you can ensure electrical appliances don’t lead to fires:
- Don’t use any items that have damaged plugs or torn wires – easier said than done, of course, when unplugging the item could see a month’s supply of food defrost and spoil!
- Don’t keep electrical cables under carpets or rugs – if the cable heats up, the carpet could set alight.
- Turn off all electrical items at the plug when not in use – naturally, you may be unable to do this with some appliances, such as boilers and refrigerators, so use these properly and safely and keep a close eye on them to ensure they do not develop any faults.
- Remember, however, house fires can still occur even if you take all safety precautions, so buy a smoke detector, fit it properly, and test it regularly.
- Ensure that you and everyone else in your household knows what to do in the event of a fire and how to escape your house. Consider fitting a Yale lock to your front door if you do not already have one, as other types of lock could hamper your exit from your house.
If you have appliance breakdown cover with us, simply call our 24/7 claims line when you notice an appliance is no longer working. Then turn the appliance off at the wall and wait for our engineers to show up.
We will make the appliance safe again in as little time as possible, so you won’t have to go without a necessary domestic appliance, or worry about a faulty appliance causing a fire, for a second longer than you need to.
Have an appliance that’s stopped working?
Don’t attempt to repair the appliance yourself unless you’re really confident what you’re doing. A number of things could go wrong including risks of jamming, electrocution, burns, scalds, cuts and much more. We’ve got a number of highly skilled engineers up and down the country – so you’ll never be far from help when you need it most.
Please contact us via our website or on 0345 3192 247 to find out more. Or call us today for urgent assistance. Our technical teams will run through some simple diagnostics to see if it can be fixed over the phone and if not, they’ll send a manufacturer engineer where possible to take a look.