We often talk about how our boiler breakdown, appliance and home emergency cover could save you an awful lot of money by ensuring you do not have to pay out a fortune should your property ever stop working, but the safety implications of a 247 Home Rescue service plan are also huge. An electrical home emergency, a defect in your appliance or damage to your boiler could lead to fire, explosion, electrocution or toxic gas poisoning, and if you and your family are lucky enough to escape from your home with your lives, you will undoubtedly lose a lot of valuable property.
How boiler breakdown, appliance and home emergency cover could protect you from fire
The last weekend saw a series of home emergencies in Devon and Somerset alone that could have been prevented with a boiler, home emergency and appliance cover service plan. The fire service revealed it had to attend several domestic fires over the last few days, and while residents were fortunate to have escaped with their lives, the consequences of these incidents could easily have proven tragic.
A fire in Eagle Close, Kingsteignton, struck at around 06:00 on 4th April. On arrival, the fire crew discovered that the fire was in the kitchen and had been caused by a gas boiler breakdown. Firefighters used breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to tackle the blaze and checked the safety of the boiler with a thermal imaging camera.
Later that day, at 20:39, the fire service received a report of a fire at Pye Corner in Cullompton, after people stated they smelled a burning, smoky smell. Three fire engines were mobilised, discovering that a small fire had started due to an electrical emergency in a light fitting.
Then, on April 5th at around 19:00, fire crews from Torquay attended a blaze on Newton Road, Hele, after a washing machine caught fire. The fire was also affecting the tumble dryer, and both appliances and the utility room itself sustained serious smoke damage as a result. Firefighters put out the broken appliance fire with a thermal imaging camera and a hose reel jet. The cause of this fire was deemed to be accidental.
These stories – all isolated to a relatively small area and occurring over a short period of time – underline how important it is for people to keep their boiler and home electrics safe, to have their boiler serviced annually, to have electrical problems dealt with immediately, and to receive a complete level of appliance cover. This is just what we offer at 247 Home Rescue!