- You have recently been diagnosed with Coronavirus or advised to self-isolate.
- You have recently returned from any of the elevated risk countries.
Can I still make a claim?
Yes of course. All our normal routes and channels are open as usual.
What if someone in my household is self-isolating?
The safety of our Customers and our Engineers is our highest priority. If someone in your house is self-isolating and it is not an emergency then we will rearrange for an Engineer to attend seven days after the recommended self-isolation period is over.
What if it is an Emergency?
As per Government guidelines, and to help prevent the spread of the virus to other households and our Engineers, we are unable to attend until it is safe to do so. However, we still have some options where we may be able to help and our agents will talk you through what’s available.
What measures have we taken to prevent the spread of coronavirus?
- We have increased hygiene measures in place in all our call centres and offices.
- We have already deployed technology that enables us to operate our contact centres remotely.
- Engineers have an increased supply of anti-bacterial gel and wipes on their vans.
- Engineers will no longer ask you to sign their tablet.
- Our engineers will ask you to remain 2 metres away from their work area to minimise contact.
Can I still request emergency assistance if I do not have a cover plan?
What is an Emergency?
- A sudden and unexpected event which, if not dealt with quickly, would in the reasonable opinion of the helpline:
- Render the home unsafe
- Cause excessive damage to the home
- Cause significant personal risk to you
- Cause a significant health and safety risk
I have an engineer booked to attend, will this still go ahead?
- In line with government guidance, we’re taking steps to minimise non-essential contact.That means we’ll be cancelling all routine appointments – such as annual service visits and most installations – for all customers to limit the potential exposure to coronavirus. We will continue to deal with emergencies on a priority basis, looking after the needs of our most vulnerable customers first.If your appointment has been cancelled or needs to be rearranged, we’ll let you know either by:
- Telephone call
Will I be able to get a new boiler installed?
- Your safety and the safety of our engineers is the most important thing to us. Before visiting, we will ask you if you are confirmed to have contracted COVID-19 or are self-isolating or shielding as per UK Government guidelines. We are currently performing new boiler surveys by video.
How 24|7 Home Rescue will keep customers safe during home visits?
When you book an engineer appointment we’ll ask you if:
- You or anyone in your home has been diagnosed with Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- You or anyone in your home has been advised to self-isolate
- Anyone in your home is at higher risk – i.e. over 70
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, we’ll work with you to assess your need for an engineer visit before deciding what to do next. We’ll prioritise emergencies and we may need to postpone non-urgent visits, like annual services, to a later date.
Before your engineer visit
- On the day of your appointment, our engineer will also call you and ask the same set of questions – this is important just in case anything has changed since you booked.
While the engineer is with you
- When an engineer visits your home:
Handwashing will take place before, during and after their visit
- You won’t be asked to sign anything.
- Our engineers will be social-distancing so please keep a 2 metre radius of their work area at all times