24|7 Home Rescue teamed up with a local MP and Mayor at the weekend to warn people of the dangers of carbon monoxide in the home by setting up a gas safety stall.
The team took to Accrington and Blackburn Town Centre on Saturday to urge the public to protect themselves with a gas safety check in their homes.
Two events took place across Saturday 12th September; a morning stall at Accrington Broadway with the assistance of Hyndburn MP Graham Jones, and an afternoon stall in Blackburn Town Centre with a visit from the Mayor and Mayoress of Blackburn.
Leaflets were handed out to explain the dangers of carbon monoxide and gas safety tips, as well as advice on how to stay gas safe and goody bags.
We are working with the Gas Safe Register to keep the public safe from dangerous gas appliances in aid of national Gas Safety Week, which runs from 14th – 20th September.
Last year in the North West, over 7000 gas emergency call-outs were attended and 1 in 3 gas appliances inspected by the Gas Safe Register in the area were declared unsafe.
With 20 deaths and almost 1000 gas-related injuries in the last three years across the UK, 24|7 Home Rescue were raising awareness so that the citizens of Accrington and Blackburn make sure that their gas appliances are safety checked every year by a gas safe registered engineer.
Hassan Khonat, Operrations Director at 24|7 Home Rescue, said: “The sad fact is that the lives of loved ones have needlessly been lost because a simple gas safety check hasn’t been performed in the home. We hope that we helped to spread the message of the importance of gas safety with our stall in Accrington and Blackburn.”
Here is our story in the Accrington Observer:
If you’re having trouble with any aspect of your boiler, home appliances or if you’re suffering from a home emergency such as an electrical breakdown, plumbing problem or security issue then be sure to get in touch with us.
You can face a hefty bill if something goes wrong at home so eliminate the possibility and speak to us today.
Call us on 0345 3192 247 and one of our friendly technical team will go through some simple diagnostics to see if your problem can be resolved over the phone. If not, we’ll send an engineer to be with you as soon as possible to ensure you’re back up and running in no time.
New research by comparison site uSwitch reveals that 52% of UK households would resort to using funds from their savings if their boiler was to breakdown.
To keep you on track with your New Year resolutions we’ve racked our brains and thought of some of the best money-saving tips you might not have heard of, to help you have a bit more money at the end of the month!
A survey has revealed February to be the worst month for boiler breakdowns. New figures from Direct Line for Business suggest that the number of boilers breaking down will hit its peak, with their analysis stating that claims for broken down boilers rise by 163% during the next month. With temperatures set to get even colder, this is probably the last thing you needed to hear!
How long has it been since you purchased your domestic appliances? Some may have been replaced only recently, where others may have been your aunt’s, cousin’s, grandma’s fridge from way back in the day but still runs like clockwork. If that’s the case, you may be interested to know that only 76% of fridges are fault-free after the first 10 years. Never mind 30!
We all know that managing your work and home lives can be tasking. Maybe one of your New Year’s resolutions were to spend more time with the family? Work can be manic, and often out of your control. So here are a few ideas that 24|7 Home Rescue have put together that’ll make your life easier when you get home: